Public and Product Liability Insurance

Murdoch University has insurance in place to cover students and staff from legal liability which may arise in the conduct of University business.
The University also has a range of policies to protect property, plant and equipment for which the University is responsible.

There are times when media projects conducted within the school may involve liaison and cooperation with outside organisations,
e.g. a student film crew may be seeking authorisation from a local council for an on-location shoot at a council facility.

If you are involved in projects of this kind, you may be requested to provide the external organisation with information about the University’s level of insurance cover.

The most common request is for a copy of the Certificate of Currency for the University’s public liability insurance policy.

Click here to access the Certificate of Currency and other insurance information, supplied by the Murdoch University Finance Office.